All Spam/Blacklisted mails received to quarantine

ananiasfilho

Nov 20, 2019
Is it possible to send all emails marked as spam and blacklists/dnsbl to quarantine?
Why? Sometimes we need receive emails from multiples systems that use aws, vps systems, helpdesk supports systems, invoice/billing systems and its use ips in DNSBL as spfbl, barracuda, etc.
We need make sure these email will go to QUARANTINE.
Is it possible?

Create a who or what object and use it in your quarantine filter rule.

who object -> regex
.*

what object -> match field

Just add Action object -> quarantine to your filter rules.

@hata_ph Thanks for share!
But, when i joint "Who object -> .*" it will get ALL emails and sent to quarantine (Include all good and clean emails), right?
Or it will get only not good or clean emails?
What i need is all not good or not clean emails to quarantine.
Again, thank you!

Reactions: EDSON MARIO
Add Quarantine object to your smtp filter rules. If the incoming email match your filter rules, it will be quarantine.
Btw, I believe the smtp filter rules will not work on dnsbl and spf checking.

1592826352819.png

Reactions: bely
This method is done and working on my environment, but as you told, its not work on SPF and DNSBL filters.
I need a method to send all SPF and DNSBL filters sent to Quarantine.
I will continue checking it.
Big websites that uses AWS, Digital Ocean, Online.net/Scaleway, OVH and Oracle Cloud have ips range in blacklists and its a hard job to my team check all hours about emails come from these IP address and get it blocked/reject. Need check IP senders and add to whitelist. Sometimes we need do it 10x/day.
When join it to quarantine, users are able to join on your quarantine and mark as good and solve our manual work. Its impact on multiples false positive and positive false.
Thank you again @hata_ph !!!

Just to update this thread.
What we does to make it more easy to final users.
1 - create a Action to Add X-Spam-Flag header

1606416536088.png

2 - Changed Spam (Level 3) Object to:
- remove quarantine action
- add X-Spam-Flag action
1606416588821.png

3 - In some cases, i have enabled X-Spam-Flag into Spam Level 5 too.
4 - Many domains today use TLDs .me .info and by default, PMG mark it as SPAM and join to quarantine as high level (Spam Level > 5). So, i removed it from TLDs list.

When email are marked as spam level 3, users get email subject tagged as "SPAM:" and MTA identify it as spam and join on SPAM/Junk Folder. On my case, It work under Zimbra, VestaCP, Cpanel and MS Exchange. Dont need change anything on MTA.

The not confortable job to users, is join on Quarantine to add users/emails as Whitelist. Again, if Proxmox work with a remote account to read folders SPAM and CLEAR emails, it will be Great for many sysadmins. We have a brazilian group in telegram (https://t.me/proxmox_mail_gateway) and many users asked about it since a lot of Mail Gateways have this single Spam learn/training method.
Connect pmg to a quarantine account to read clear and spam emails.

A examples:
ScrolloutF1 (OpenSource) and SpamHero (cloud paid).
1606417100899.png

To integrate with zimbra - easy to setup in any other system too

# Join as Zimbra User
su - zimbra

# Define spam account (quarantine@mydomain.com ) that zimbra will forward emails marked as spam or moved to spam folder

zmprov mcf zimbraSpamIsSpamAccount quarantine@mydomain.com

# Restart Zimbra
zmcontrol restart

# Check if config is up
zmprov gacf |grep zimbraSpamIsSpamAccount

zimbraSpamIsSpamAccount: quarantine@mydomain.com

Easy no? How hard is make it happen on PMG?
Thank you again!

Reactions: bely

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!