All Servers Showing Red in GUI

comcanada

May 14, 2012
Hi,

All the servers are showing red in the gui, however, they are operational. Also, I can click on the individual VE's to see that they are running, along with the amount of resources they use etc.

What can I do to get the GUI to see these as being all green again?

-Rick

I ran the following on all our servers and it solved the issue:
/etc/init.d/pvedaemon restart; /etc/init.d/pve-cluster restart; /etc/init.d/pve-manager restart; /etc/init.d/pvestatd restart;

Does anyone have any idea why it would have broke in the first place?

-Rick

I have the exact same issue every time I try and run backups to a central NFS share. Backups hang and I have to kill the processes, delete the storage in GUI, unmount the shared mounts manually and restart the pve daemons to get things working again. I didn't have this issue with 1.9 only after upgrade to 2.x. Anyone have a solution to this issue?

Hi,
I think this is the pvestatd daemon which hang
I have had similar problem with a iscsi lag, device was not accessible and pvestatd hang.
/etc/init.d/pvestatd restart should correct the problem.

code where is hang for me:

/usr/bin/pvestatd

line:280 : update_storage_status().

maybe a thread for this sub could help ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!