All my pc's connect to the noVNC console except one?

myke

Feb 19, 2020
As the title say's, All of the computers I have tried so far on my network will connect to the noVNC console's without issues except my favorite pc?

Things I have tried,
1. searching here seamed impossible, I just could not find the right combination of search terms
2. Obvious things I've tried, switching computers solves it.
3. Another browser from the problem PC is the same result, no connection
4. The proxmox virtual environment works from the problem pc, I can still start and stop VM
5. I looked in the firewall for blocked things and turned off my AV protection temporarily
6. It used to connect just fine until something happened and it broke, maybe 2 months ago
7. Windows remote desktop still functions normally on the problem pc
8. I made another proxmox node, clean install and did not cluster it, my favorite pc wont "noVNC connect" to it either
9. putty works fine to the vm's and containers, shell in proxmox will not

I am running out of idea's, how can I trouble shoot this further?

thank you

Last edited:
I noticed this error, not sure it was there before...

ERROR: command '/usr/bin/termproxy 5901 --path /nodes/proxmox --perm Sys.Console -- /bin/login -f root' failed: exit code 4

I ran across a post somewhere and lost it now, but the suggestion to try firefox has resolved my immediate issue. I had previously only tried with chrome and edge.

So this request has now changed to, what makes chrome and edge stop connecting to the consoles while firefox works?

Things I've tried

1. clearing the cashes, deleted the cookies

anything in the javascript console while failing?

pmjs.JPG

This is what I see, but unfortunately I'm unsure what to make of it just yet.....

it complains about the ssl certificate...

Yes, I was able to ascertain that information by reading the image file as well. The part where I run into trouble is figuring out what to do about it.

Perhaps someone here has run into this before, It might help to toss out a few things to look for and check, if you can please?

Things I have tried.

1. There is a padlock on the main proxmox page that you can fiddle with the settings in and stuff, but not on the VM windows where the problem lies.
2. It happens in Chrome and Edge but not firefox, and as I said it worked for a long time before this happened, just fine.
3. I'm thinking this is probably a windows problem myself, and as I mentioned is works fine from other computers, just not this one.
4. I just tried Internet explorer to test that, I was unable to fiddle with the certificate setting and make it work either, so 3 browsers are a no go, I've never even tried Internet explorer on this computer before today.
5. Firefox is the only browser I have found so far that is not stopped by whatever is jazzed up on this computer

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!