Alias ip in LXC container not working in proxmox 8.2.2

rdadmin

Renowned Member
Nov 16, 2015
Please, i need some help here.

We have a fresh installed proxmox 8.2.2 from OVH provider. In it i configured an ubuntu 22.04 lxc container with the pveam repository. It has an ip failover working fine as primary in eth0, it was added from gui. Everything works with this ip.

The problem is when i try to add an alias ip (eth0:1) to his interface. All seems just fine inside the container ( ping from guest to the alias ip works), but there is no connectivity from the host to this alias ip or from the outside.
In others servers with pve7 this procedure works out of the box, but not with proxmox 8.

I have added in /etc/network/interfaces the usual routing lines, the ip_forward line, and did the ifreload -a, even reboot the host. The route tables seems fine too.
I have tried with other guests, an older ubuntu 18, another ips, and even another server with proxmox 8, no luck.

There is any change in proxmox 8 that prevent routing aliasing ips inside the lxc guests? Like a new kernel parameter or option?

In OVH the failover ips for new servers seems that can't have a dedicated mac address anymore, so you has to use the routing throught the principal ip method.

Many thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!