After proxmox-ve upgrade, it only boots into emergency mode

Sinderella

Sep 8, 2016
This is my first time using proxmox. I've just got a new ML10 Gen9.

FIrstly, I tried to install proxmox 4.2, it couldn't find some driver/module, I didn't want to bother fixing it and I found this thread.
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/i...installations-not-possible-at-the-time.27436/
So I formated the disk and installed 4.1 instead. Everything was working fine until I upgrade using `apt upgrade` and reboot. I tried to fix the problem, but thought I did something wrong so I reintalled it again.

This time, I upgrade the packages individually and reboot for each upgrade since I couldn't figure out how could I fix the problem. It was working well, until I upgraded proxmox-ve package. It only boots into emergency mode since then.

As I said, I'm new here, so I attach everything I think it's useful for tracing what's wrong.

Attachments

• journalctl_xb.txt
    74.5 KB · Views: 5
  • systemctl_failed.txt
    518 bytes · Views: 4
  • status_systemd-udev-settle.txt
    793 bytes · Views: 3
Anyone has any suggestion? Should I install it on top of debain instead? Will there be any downsides?

Thanks

I didn't add earlier that when I installed 4.2, I had this message below right after I select to install.

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'i915_bpo': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)​

Code:
Sep 10 15:47:16 pve systemd[1]: Timed out waiting for device dev-pve-data.device.

Looks like it fails to import the disks and filesystems.

I believe it occured that way because it had to wait for systemd-udev-settle to finish first; since it failed to do so, the filesystems became read-only.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!