After installing Proxmox 2.2 - IPMI & Boot not working anymore..

kladze

Renowned Member
Nov 6, 2012
Hello,

I had a proxmox installation of 1.5 - but after reinstalling/opgrading to 2.2 the IPMI in my server is not "working" anymore... After BIOS POST the IPMI just shows a black screen when loading the OS... And it wont even boot.. But if I load up the proxmox 2.2 CD and type "pveboot" when the proxmox splash screen appear... it boots up fine...

If i'm correctly informed, after some research on google.. when typing "pveboot" - it loads up the kernel from the CD... and then boot from the HDD..?

Please correct me if im wrong on this...

Eitherway.. after 2.2 installation... the IPMI goes black.. and the server wont boot.. unless i use the CD with "pveboot"..

I hope some of you experts can help me with both things.... the IPMI and the boot thing.. :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!