After failed backup images disapeared

raj

Renowned Member
Sep 17, 2011
www.businessparksolutions.com
Hi Team,

I have a cluster of 3 proxmox boxes and a nas linked to it.

Iscsi and lvn on that and all the images are/were there.

This morning I seen that ll the servers were unresponsive and that the backups were coming up with /dev/sdb errors.

I rebooted the whole nas, switched and servers and afterwards i could not boot any vm error could not activate the LV.

I did a psevm and the datastore where the images were/are has showing as zero and when i did a lvdisplay there was no images at all.

I tried to remove and mount the lvm again but now it shows as all the space is available and still no images.

Could anyone help pls.

Cheers,

Raj

so before removing the lvm, when I did a pvesm status, i got

/dev/sdb: Checksum error
Datastore lvm 0 0 0 0 100.00%

and if i tried to start a vm i was getting :

Volume group "Datastore" not found
TASK ERROR: can't activate LV 'Datastore:vm-100-disk-1': Skipping volume group Datastore

but now after removing and adding the lvm i get

Datastore lvm 1 1944076288 0 1944076288 0.50%

and when i try to start a vm i get :

TASK ERROR: can't activate LV 'Datastore:vm-100-disk-1': One or more specified logical volume(s) not found.

Is there anyway to recover from this

Can you see images on NAS or where were images stored?

What is the output of pvscan and vgscan?

ls -l /etc/lvm/backup

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!