After add a 2nd nvme, lvm-thin just "broke"... sort of...

Gilberto Ferreira

Renowned Member
Hi folks

There is this customer that has a Supermicro server, and a rise card with a RAID card and 1 nvme.
The rise card has 3 slot:
First slot has a RAID card
Second one has an nvme
Third - and last - one was empty
In the RAID card he had installed Proxmox VE 7.x. (Ok! I know that is time to update!)
On the second slot/nvme he had created a lvm-thin LV called nvme1.
But now when he put the second nvme in the third slot, the server comes right up, but the lvm-thin goes to problems.
When try to create or start a vm he got this error message:

Code:
kvm: -drive file=/dev/nvme1/vm-102-disk-0,if=none,id=drive-sata0,format=raw,cache=none,aio=io_uring,detect-zeroes=on: Could not open '/dev/nvme1/vm-102-disk-0': Not a directory
TASK ERROR: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1

With the second nvme he had created a VG called nvme2 and an LV called nvme2.
At first I tought that about the same name in the VG and LV that could cause some conflict. So I went ahead and remove the lvm-thin nvme2/nvme2.
But no luck.

After shutdown the server and remove the second nvme everything works fine include the VM.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!