Advice of Proxmox sharing of resources configuration?

Mucip

Renowned Member
Apr 4, 2016
Hi,
I have 512 GB ram and Intel Xeon Silver 4314 16C 135W 2.4GHz Processor CPU.

I have one Debian Linux as file server and one Win2024 server as SAP B1 and MSSQL server.

How can I share resources according to my guests and proxmox for fast working?

pveperf out is below;
root@proxmox:~# pveperf
CPU BOGOMIPS: 307200.00
REGEX/SECOND: 3747907
HD SIZE: 93.93 GB (/dev/mapper/pve-root)
BUFFERED READS: 396.23 MB/sec
AVERAGE SEEK TIME: 0.11 ms
FSYNCS/SECOND: 832.43
DNS EXT: 82.96 ms
DNS INT: 56.66 ms (proxmox)
root@proxmox:~#

Regards,
Mucip:)

Last edited:
How can I share resources according to my guests and proxmox for fast working?
What resources you do mean? Resources like CPU, RAM and Disk is always shared. Each VM takes what it needs and that is the main goal behind any virtualization.

Reactions: Mucip
What resources you do mean? Resources like CPU, RAM and Disk is always shared. Each VM takes what it needs and that is the main goal behind any virtualization.
Hi,
I want to ask: How much ram should I give to VM's and how much CPU/SOCKET should I give to VM's?

1725236353331.png

Regards,

Is this only one CPU? If so, don't set sockets to more than 1, increase the cores to match 8.

The number of cores and RAM is application dependend, so you need to ask the person who set everything up or ask the vendor of the software that is running on the Windows box.

Was it intentional that you used RAW as the harddisk storage type? You cannot do snapshots with this.

Reactions: Mucip
Is this only one CPU? If so, don't set sockets to more than 1, increase the cores to match 8.

The number of cores and RAM is application dependend, so you need to ask the person who set everything up or ask the vendor of the software that is running on the Windows box.

Was it intentional that you used RAW as the harddisk storage type? You cannot do snapshots with this.
Hi,
Yes we have 1 CPU. I will do what you wrote than...

I used RAW because best practice suggested this? I didn't really know. I make backup only one time in a day. So do I need snapshot?

Regards,

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!