[SOLVED] Adv Search function for lazy people (ie me ;))

Dec 27, 2020
Just wondering, is there a way to utilise the filter functions 'better'?

I am doing my weekly checks and yes I could be using smaller time frames, exporting the logs etc, BUT, I will honestly say I am lazy.

Like I would love if the GUI could have some awesome search features like:
  • Status Type (blocked, quarantined, delivered, accepted etc)
  • Match function (ie. Is or Is NOT blocked)
  • Have the filter filter multiple entries (eg FROM_SUSPICIOUS_NTLD_FP && DELIVERED)
The reason is that I could search for specific criteria and then apply additional custom rules so that I can quickly adjust scores.

Or I am sure someone will just point me to a URL that tells me how to do the above and agitatingly refrain from calling me Mr Silly Silly Num Nuts. :)

Like I would love if the GUI could have some awesome search features like:
  • Status Type (blocked, quarantined, delivered, accepted etc)
  • Match function (ie. Is or Is NOT blocked)
These should be available by going to the Tracking Center (and sorting accordingly)
Have the filter filter multiple entries (eg FROM_SUSPICIOUS_NTLD_FP && DELIVERED)
for a single SA hit you can use the filter there (and again sort accordingly)

else - you can grep and search through the logs/journal on the system

I hope this helps

Thanks for your replies Stoiko,

for a single SA hit you can use the filter there (and again sort accordingly)
That is currently what I do, however I have to do this on a limited 2-3 day interval due to number of hits. What I try to do is search for certain SA hit and see the results.

In my example, I know 99.9% will be spam, but that 1-2 in a week that gets delivered is what I am looking for during my review/fine-tuning process. I cannot do anymore than 3 days due to the number of hits.

You are correct those features are already available, however as I didnt want to manually search the logs each time, the GUI would have been a faster method if those features were there. Yes, its an insignificant problem - moreso a UX view.

Thanks Stoiko. ;)

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!