Additional logging of rule info

Sep 17, 2020
Hello All,

In trying to better find rules for whitelisting or blacklisting that are working, is there any way to add more information to the entry?

As an example, here is one of our black/whitelist list rules, which worked, and it does tell me the rule name, but not necessarily the exact entry, or in this case it's a from rule, maybe the email address it's from, IP

(rule: BL-FromRules)
(rule: BL-Who-IP-NW)
(rule: WL-Who-IP)

As I'm sure we are all aware, we could have 100 unused rules, and the handful that work since spammers are a moving target, the more we can see, the better we can block.

Thanks!

No this is currently not possible - and I don't see too much benefit - you can always split up the multiple entries into separate rules to find out which catches what ...

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!