Adding Node to Cluster - Unable to Copy SSH ID

rurki

Sep 21, 2012
Hello,

I'm somewhat new to Proxmox, but have installed the software several times on stand alone units.

The issue for me came about creating and adding nodes to a cluster on the most recent release.
I would consistently get the error "Unable to copy ssh ID" from the Node being added to the cluster.

The issue was that the environment variable "HOME" in the proxmox shell was set to "HOME=/".

To resolve the issue I issued the command "export HOME=/root" from the second node, which then allowed the SSH ID to copy successfully and create the cluster.

I'm not sure if this has been an issue or a solution was already presented in the forums, if so please remove the post :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!