Add storage pool through web interface

twilcox

Dec 1, 2020
I have a second server with proxmox installed on it ready to be set up as a storage pool for the main proxmox box. I can't see anywhere how to do this that's not through the command line

What exactly do you want to do? Have some storage on a second machine available on the first one? You most likely will need set up a network share so the other server can access that.

The guy who set this whole environment up has it so there's a second storage volume on the node. In the settings for that node under lvm there are two volumes. One is local and another is remote

Well, it still is a local storage that needs to be shared with the other node somehow.

Is there anything documented? Or some network share set up?

No documentation. What do you mean by "local storage"? If you mean on the network then yeah that's what I believe is happening here. How do you share storage with another node?

With local storage I mean storage that is physically present in that one node. Other options would be a network share on a NAS for example.

If the storage is locally present on that one node and you want to make it available to the other node, you will have to set up some network share. Either NFS or Samba.

Since this is not a use case covered by PVE you will have to set it up yourself. Searching for guides and manuals on how to do that on Debian should help you :)

Reactions: fitful

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!