AD - Filter users from group

orionzrh

Jul 9, 2024
Switzerland
Hi Community

I'm new in Proxmox and have installed a cluster with 3 servers.
Now I would like to add this Cluster to our AD server for having only our DevOps Team admin rights on the cluster. (Proxmox 8.2.4)
My ad connection works and I get all the data and groups. I also have managed to only filter for that particular DevOps group.
But I'm not able to only add the users from that group. (D-DEVOPS)

1720790372245.png

Does someone know how I have to filter as I get only those users in the particular group? Or do i need to Sync all users from the AD and Proxmox internally will add them to their groups?

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
There is this [1] Tutorial about setting up Proxmox with AD, and there they indeed sync-all and then filter / give permissions at the next step.
It is a bit older though, so some options MIGHT have changed, but at least it is one thing to test. Glancing over that tutorial too, it looks like your Bind User also might be in the wrong format, needing the full CN/DC path, which might also be what's needed for the Group Filter (Unsure because I haven't worked with it.)

[1] https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/h...cluster-to-an-active-directory-domain.100395/

There is this [1] Tutorial about setting up Proxmox with AD, and there they indeed sync-all and then filter / give permissions at the next step.
It is a bit older though, so some options MIGHT have changed, but at least it is one thing to test. Glancing over that tutorial too, it looks like your Bind User also might be in the wrong format, needing the full CN/DC path, which might also be what's needed for the Group Filter (Unsure because I haven't worked with it.)

[1] https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/h...cluster-to-an-active-directory-domain.100395/
Hi

Thanks for the hint.
The connection to the AD is working in both ways. The one from the link you added and also with the username and without all the additional AD CN's.
My problem is that I have ALL the users in my user list. But want only a particular group of users in the list. Or maybe I misunderstand that filter.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!