[SOLVED] account for remote sync?

tcabernoch

Apr 27, 2024
Portland, OR
I don't seem to be able to use a secondary account to establish PBS Remote Sync partners.
If I use root@pam to setup the Remote, it can see the remote datastore.
If I use anything else, even if its given full admin at /, I can setup the Remote relationship.
No errors, I see it registered in the GUI but I when I go to build a sync job, I can't see the source (Remote) datastore.

What's the deal here? Does this require some sort of federated login? Am I just doing it wrong?
Using the root account will work for now, until we change our passwords. Then its gonna suck.

Hi!
did you forget to check the "propagate" toggle? With the checkmark checked and "Admin" on "/" it works for me.

Hi, thanks. I intended to check it. It says Yes in the Propagate column now ... but who knows what fat-finger mistake I made?

***I should add that I'm using Namespaces. 2 Levels deep. When I setup the Remote relationship with root@pam, i can see and select from all the remote Namespaces. Using other accounts, I cannot see those namespaces.

So Admin, at /, with propagation should work?
Ok. Knowing that much will make troubleshooting easier.
I've set them all up with root@pam, but I can go back and try testing this again later.
Gotta get it working before we change root pwd again.

Last edited:
I set it all up again on a different pair of systems, and it worked. No issues. I can see all the namespaces.

The one thing I know I did differently was that the prior attempt used an account that had already been in place before I built the namespaces, and it already had a role assigned to it. I had just added the Admin role to it as well.

So, either I made a mistake, or I found a wrong way to do things, but it works now. Thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!