about: gui task list sorting. i have something strange...

m.ardito

Famous Member
Feb 17, 2010
Torino, Italy
i just noticed that on my testing 2.1 the task log and cluster log lists have different date/time sortings:
the task log list is ordered by date desc and time asc (and you can see i am restoring a vm now and it's not the first row...)

pve_task_log_sorting.jpg
while the cluster log has a sorting date desc, time desc

pve_cluster_log_sorting.jpg

i tried to cklick on the list headers but they don't sort in any way. am i doing something wrong, is this expected? :confused:

root@pve2:~# pveversion
pve-manager/2.1/f9b0f63a
root@pve2:~# ^C
root@pve2:~# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 2.1-1 (pve-manager/2.1/f9b0f63a)
running kernel: 2.6.32-11-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.0-66
pve-kernel-2.6.32-11-pve: 2.6.32-66
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2
clvm: 2.02.95-1pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.3-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.8-3
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.7-2
pve-cluster: 1.0-26
qemu-server: 2.0-39
pve-firmware: 1.0-16
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-27
libpve-access-control: 1.0-21
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-18
vncterm: 1.0-2
vzctl: 3.0.30-2pve5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.0.12-3
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.0-9
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

Marco

hi, and thanks for replying. i'm using ff 10.0.4 ESR

yesterday, later, it was the opposite: the task log was ok, the cluster log had the strange behaviour.
today, it seems ok.

yesterday i was testing the restor of backups on the new 2.1 server, several kvm machines, i didn't try to shut down ff and restart, it was a minor issue, in a sense.
today i should be able to test remaining vms so if it happens again i will report: should i try something particular, should it happen again?

Marco

I also observed it a few times, but was unable to reproduce. Please report back if you find a way to reliable reproduce the bug.

well, it happened again. this morning i opened pve 2.1 gui and checked both lists and replied to your previous answer above.
then switched to other demanding tasks, forgetting abut pve being open in the browser :)

now i went back to the gui (still authenticated) and just checked: cluster log has the problem...

pve_again_wrong_sorting.jpg

i did absoultely nothing in the gui apart logging in and then in the afternoon going back to it, switching from server to folder view, and then looking at the cluster log (was in task log view)

puzzling...

Marco

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!