8.2.4 - HA Request State

kellogs

May 14, 2024
Dear All,

In Datacenter --> HA -- Edit Resources i have a VM which I set Max Restart 1 Max Relocate 1 Request State Started

If i manually ssh to the linux vm and shutdown -h now. Proxmox HA would automatically start it.

How do i set the HA state to honor user initated shutdown -h now and only keep the VM in Started state if there is a migration from a failed node to a new node?

Hi,
the guest has no way of telling HA to do something and that is important for security reasons. You will need to initiate the shutdown via HA to change the HA state.

Hello Fiona,

Thank you for the reply. I am sorry as i came from vmware background ... i would just take this for granted :p ok so now i understand Proxmox works differently.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!