8.2.2. Problems with NICS and Vanishing Connections

JakeBikeIT

Jul 25, 2023
Hi,

I am have a very odd problem with 8.2.2
I have a host with a Bonded interface on balance-rr and VMBR0 looks at Bond0. This pair of interfaces sites on our .55.x ClassC Subnet.

I built the server then have come back to it today to finish the server - I had to migrate the TPM as I've built it raw in a folder - that went well.

But the primary NIC that gives the Windows Server an address on our 55.x subnet is not flowing any trafffic - there are no other problems with this network - and it built and ran fine for days as I was configuring the other services running on it.
Now - its not on the network.

Very odd. The box is in production - so I can't just reboot the host.

Its a licensed Subscription for Enterprise Updates

Its very odd - I've checked actually the NICS get DHCP address from the network. The Proxmox Host management is on the same bond and it works faultlessly. After getting DHCP - no traffic .

I can change the balance-rr to another method - but I don't want to "unmanage" this box.

Any tips please?

Last edited:
Update - The Link Aggregation on the Switch STOPPED working with Balance-RR - yet it IS working on other hosts and on identical switches.

Is there a better bond mode to use ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!