2nd IP Range / Network

TomTailor

Dec 27, 2022
Dear Proxmox-Masters!
I have a very simple question and did not finde an answer - which seems to be impossible but I think, I didn´t pose the right search words.
My Proxmox environment is in my homelab (not hosted). The PVE is in 100.1.1.x. There is just one NIC. Now I simply want to add another two IP-Ranges (10.1.1.x and 192.168.1.x) and VMs/CTs in these new IP-ranges that have Internet access.

Therefore I define another two Linux Bridges (vmbr1 and vmbr2). Every time I try to add a Gateway there is an Error Message that says that this IP is alread in use by another configuration. Therefore I leave it out. When I create a CT with vmbr1 / vmbr2 I don´t have access to the Internet or to ther machines in my environment. I don´t know what I need to change there.
The only thing I want to archieve is to have Internet access to all my CTs/VMs in all my IP ranges. What do I need to do?
Thanks in advance......
Tom

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!