2003 R2 64 bit system memory greater than 4GB will result in blue screen

postchen

Mar 25, 2024
2003 R2 64 bit system configuration with 4GB or more memory will result in a blue screen
XP and 2003 R2 32-bit systems can be solved by adding "args: - cpu host, lm=off". How to solve the blue screen of 64 bit systems?

QQ20240920-200707.png

QQ20240920-200739.png

QQ20240920-200748.png

Did you migrate the VM or did you installed it from scratch? Afaik you have to choose „Standard PC“ during the 2k3 setup, if I remember correct.

Did you migrate the VM or did you installed it from scratch? Afaik you have to choose „Standard PC“ during the 2k3 setup, if I remember correct.
Built on PVE with a configuration of 1 core and 2GB, and later modified the memory capacity, the screen will turn blue when turned on. After testing, it was found that the screen will not turn blue when the memory is below 4GB, and it can be used normally when turned on.

After testing, if the CPU type is not set to host, there will be no blue screen. Is there a better solution besides modifying the CPU type? Because I want to use the host type

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!