16 Node in 1 Cluster

Xing

Jan 23, 2019
Hello

i need help

Anyway to increase Promox cluster in one cluster can be add more than 16 node

and one more thing i get problem that in one cluster after i had 200 VM + in one cluster the console UI it's a bit slow . any way can be fix it ?

Best Regards,

Anyway to increase Promox cluster in one cluster can be add more than 16 node
Yes. We have customers that run Proxmox VE with more nodes per cluster.

and one more thing i get problem that in one cluster after i had 200 VM + in one cluster the console UI it's a bit slow . any way can be fix it ?
This sounds like overloaded nodes/network. Check the resources on your cluster.

And in any case, upgrade to the lastest Proxmox VE (6.2), if you didn't already.

Hello

Yes. We have customers that run Proxmox VE with more nodes per cluster.

This sounds like overloaded nodes/network. Check the resources on your cluster.

And in any case, upgrade to the lastest Proxmox VE (6.2), if you didn't already.

We already upgrade to Proxmox VE (6.2) . we have 10 nodes in 1 cluster and total VM is 260+ the console still very slow.

We are using 1Gbps Lan All nodes .

So it's mean maybe cause overload ? so the console ui is slow .

Best Regards,

We are using 1Gbps Lan All nodes .
Check your network throughput and latency. This sounds like a bottleneck to me.

Hello

have you face any user used more than 500 VM per cluster ? and fully load .

Best Regards,

have you face any user used more than 500 VM per cluster ? and fully load .
There are users out there that have clusters that exceed these numbers. But I have no information how loaded their clusters are. In any case, by the numbers you provided, a 1 GbE link will not be suffice. While corosync on its own can run on 1 GbE, sure storage / client or migration/backup traffic will need more bandwidth.

Hello

thankyou for information,

one more thing. if 1 cluster , can it be stack up to 64 nodes ?

Best Regards,

Hi,
I'm running 20 nodes cluster ( 2x10gb) with 3000vms, I don't have slowdown. (But I have a good network connection from my webbrowser to the proxmox server.

Biggest browser api call is /ressources, and it's around 50kb compressed, around 50ms

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!