Problem starting after hibernation

SPIZ

Feb 22, 2023
Hi,

I have a question, what should I do in such a situation in order not to lose data from the VM101 Machine, and not to go back to the state before hibernation.

The machine was Hibernate and then refused to resume.

1677074470754.png

Currently, the machine is working but has:
Status running, Config locked(suspended)
and has an additional disk:

1677074481447.png

Hi,
yes, it seems that there was an error during resume, but not a critical one (which is why there's the already running message later). If the machine is actually working, you should be able to just remove the Hibernation state in the VM's Hardware tab.

Thank you for your reply, and I apologize in advance for not replying until now.
I confirm deleting Hibernation unlocked the machine without any consequences.

Thank you again and best regards.

I just had the same issue:

* I put the two VM guests into hibernate
* Moved and reracked the VM host
* Resumed the guests

The Resume tasks generated errors:

Code:
Resuming suspended VM
activating and using 'hda4:vm-100-state-suspend-2023-11-15' as vmstate
Resumed VM, removing state
  Logical volume "vm-100-state-suspend-2023-11-15" successfully removed.
TASK ERROR: unable to open file '/etc/pve/nodes/pved1/qemu-server/100.conf.tmp.1663' - Permission denied

Code:
Resuming suspended VM
activating and using 'local-lvm:vm-106-state-suspend-2023-11-15' as vmstate
Resumed VM, removing state
Logical volume "vm-106-state-suspend-2023-11-15" successfully removed.
TASK ERROR: unable to open file '/etc/pve/nodes/pved1/qemu-server/106.conf.tmp.1571' - Permission denied

After this, both machines showed as Config locked (suspended), but on remoting in to the VMs, I found they were up and running. As noted above, the VMs each had the extra Hibernation VM State drive still mounted.

Removing the Hibernation VM Stat drives removed the Config lock from each of them.

Kernel Version
Linux 6.2.16-3-pve #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC PVE 6.2.16-3 (2023-06-17T05:58Z)
PVE Manager Version
pve-manager/8.0.3/bbf3993334bfa916

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!