help with second network device

jmperrote

May 29, 2013
Hello people, I need to assing a network device to a VM, but only I can to assing the same network device (eth0) to all VM,s and work, I can working with other eth.

Data
Proxmox 2.1.14,
usr/bin/kvm -version
QEMU emulator version 1.1.1 (qemu-kvm-devel), Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

regards

Attachments

• img1.png
    img1.png
    80 KB · Views: 4
  • img2.png
    img2.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 3
  • img3.png
    img3.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 3
what do you want to achieve?

you have eth0 and eth7 in the same subnet but on different bridges, and i assume you currently have your vm connected to vmbr0 and now want to add vmbr7070 to the same vm - does not make sense to me

if you need a second ip inside your vm from the same subnet create a alias/secondary ip
if you only want to have nic redundancy create a bond with eth0 and eth7 and assign vmbr0 to it

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!