erro while vm reboot

Maher Khalil

Jul 11, 2021
I have 1 machine with almalinux 8.9 when I reboot the machine it will stack the below showing message on the conole
=================================================================
probing edd (edd=off to disable) ... ok
=================================================================

How can I resolve this issue?

Attachments

• error x.jpeg
    error x.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 2
It's not an error and you can probably get rid of it by adding edd=off to the kernel parameters inside the VM. Maybe an almalinux forum can help you to do that on almalinux 8.9?

I do not understand your answer, you are saying it is not almalinux error at the same time asking me to check almalinux forum (means not proxmox error or incompatability between almalinux and promox)
can you give me more details ?

I do not understand your answer, you are saying it is not almalinux error at the same time asking me to check almalinux forum (means not proxmox error or incompatability between almalinux and promox)
can you give me more details ?
Maybe I misunderstood your question? Can you give more details?
I have 1 machine with almalinux 8.9 when I reboot the machine it will stack the below showing message on the conole
I interpreted this as: that it is shown in the console of the VM (and that it is a VM and not a container) when you reboot the VM and that is something that happens inside the VM.
I don't think it is an error or an incompatibility and I think that is outside the control of Proxmox. It is probably something that you will have to fix inside the VM. I have no knowledge about "almalinux" but I assume it is a lot like other GNU/Linux distributions. And the message itself probably says to add a kernel parameter to disable the probing (and the message).

The issue is not resolved. if anyone face the same issue or know the solution, please help

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!