Emails in Quarantine, but not mentioned in Quarantine Digest

Dec 7, 2021
Hi,

seldomly but sometimes, though, I experience the problem that an email which is falsely classified as SPAM is moved into quarantine, let's say on an monday at 8:45AM.
Our quarantine Reports are generated twice a day on 10'o clock AM and on 4'o clock PM.
Normally, the mentioned email should be on both quarantine reports.
In this occurence it was in neither of them.

But: After logging in with the user, Proxmox showed this E-Mail as well and it could be shown and released as usual.

How can I debug this problem?

It does not happen very often, buit if it happens, it always happens to supervisors or managers.... Murphy's law :)

Everything seems to be okay, but pmg seems to ignore the E Mail generating the report....

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Not really,
I only edited the systemd timer

<code> systemctl edit pmgspamreport.timer
#

### Editing /etc/systemd/system/pmgspamreport.timer.d/override.conf
### Anything between here and the comment below will become the new contents of the file

[Unit]
Description=Send Daily Spam Report Mails

[Timer]
OnCalendar=10,16:00
Persistent=true

[Install]
WantedBy=timers.target

### Lines below this comment will be discarded

### /lib/systemd/system/pmgspamreport.timer
# [Unit]
# Description=Send Daily Spam Report Mails
#
# [Timer]
# OnCalendar=6,9,12,15,17: 00
# Persistent=true
#
# [Install]
# WantedBy=timers.target

#
</code

The default pmgqm command uses yesterday, which will only check spam mails from yesterday, not today.

Okay. Where do I edit that, to make it permanent and not be deleted after another config change?

Thanks a lot!

It would probably be good to create a new service file and a separate timer.
You can use the current service file as a base and edit the command of the new one to include --timespan today.

I think I'll do that.
With the overwrite options it does not work as expected, since it seems after an apt upgrade there might be the original templates installed all over again - at least at seems this way.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!