HA coverage and options

hac3ru

Mar 6, 2021
Hello,

I searched the web for this but was unable to find anything related. What I am interested in is a way to view which VMs are not covered by HA. Is there such a list present anywhere / can we somehow put that together?

Also, in our setup, we got multiple hosts running Proxmox and we have 2-3 VMs that are serving the same purpose. Obviously, I would love those VMs to run on different physical hosts, without having to specify the hosts. Is there a way to do this? For example: let's say we have three DB VMs (DB nodes in a cluster) which we want to run on ANY PVE host, but we don't want them to be on the same host. So I'm thinking of creating a group with those two VMs and having a checkbox or something saying "Do not run these VMs on the same host".

If this is already implemented, please point me in the right direction, otherwise I'm happy to open a feature request.

Thank you!

Also, in our setup, we got multiple hosts running Proxmox and we have 2-3 VMs that are serving the same purpose. Obviously, I would love those VMs to run on different physical hosts, without having to specify the hosts. Is there a way to do this? For example: let's say we have three DB VMs (DB nodes in a cluster) which we want to run on ANY PVE host, but we don't want them to be on the same host. So I'm thinking of creating a group with those two VMs and having a checkbox or something saying "Do not run these VMs on the same host".

You are asking for anti-affinity and it's not there, the stack is rather simple, see answer:
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/4-node-clusters-with-qdevices.136756/#post-606973

If this is already implemented, please point me in the right direction, otherwise I'm happy to open a feature request.

You don't need to:

https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2115

+1 youself

Reactions: hac3ru

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!