How to allow ZFS pool access to CasaOS CT?

gusthepenguin

Feb 12, 2024
Hi to all!

Problem: CasaOS (CT) cannot see the ZFS drive

Question: How to make a ZFS Pool available to CasaOS CT

Description:
I have a VM running CasaOS from a main SSD, and I have just created a ZFS Pool that I want CasaOS to have access to.

ZFS Pool name: HomeDrive
Size: 1 tb

I have tried CT(CasaOS) -> Resources -> Add Mount Point (using ID 1 / Storage = ZFS Pool / Size 920 giB / Path = /HomeDrive)

But CasaOS still does not show the drive (after reboots).

How can I make my ZFS pool visible to CasaOS?

Last edited:
Hi.

You cannot access ZFS features from within the LXC CT. You can consider ZFS a host-only feature. The PVE host does all the ZFS operations, and you don't have to care about it. In CasaOS you can simply access the FS as a regular directory, no having to operate with ZFS specifically.

You may consider running CasaOS inside a VM. Especially if you want to run Docker inside CasaOS. Docker inside LXC is not officially supported.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!