VM from internal network unreachable with enabled VPN connection

Oct 19, 2023
Hello guys

I try to connect from subnet 192.168.0.0/24 to my Ubuntu VM in subnet 192.168.1.0/24.

I have a VPN connection to AirVPN on the Ubuntu machine running via Wireguard.

Once I enable a vpn connection to airvpn servers i cant reach the virtual machine from my internal network (192.168.0.0/24).

Does anyone know what I can to to access my Ubuntu VM once it is connected to AirVPN?

What am I missing?

I attached a screenshot of the part when wireguard interface went up and the server is not reachable anymore.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• YCFvWgY.png
    YCFvWgY.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 4
This is a common issue when using a VPN inside the VM. all outgoing traffic is sent via the VPN tunnel. You will have to configure a dedicated route or firewall rule to tell the kernel that packets from your local network shall be returned to there.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!