mounting 'drive-virtio1.img.fidx/part/2' failed: all mounts failed or no supported file system (400)

entilza

Jan 6, 2021
Cannot do file level restore on one partition.

I have a windows 2003 server

C:\
D:\

Two partitions on 1 disk

1707262798209.png

I cannot do file restore.

1707262769474.png

root@pve-art2:/# mount /dev/loop0p2 /mnt/test
mount: /mnt/test: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0p2, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.
dmesg(1) may have more information after failed mount system call.

dmesg
:

[3908749.496088] ntfs: (device loop0p2): ntfs_attr_find(): Inode is corrupt. Run chkdsk.
[3908749.496108] ntfs: (device loop0p2): ntfs_read_inode_mount(): Failed to lookup $MFT/$DATA attribute extent. $MFT is corrupt. Run chkdsk.
[3908749.496125] ntfs: (device loop0p2): ntfs_read_inode_mount(): Failed. Marking inode as bad.
[3908749.496136] ntfs: (device loop0p2): ntfs_fill_super(): Failed to load essential metadata.

I ran a full CHKDSK D: /F /R /X

It did not help.

Not sure what to do... Thank you.

The latest backup-client update caused this to fail again (April 2, 2024)
Do you still have the correct version of the package installed? You can use e.g. dpkg --list proxmox-backup-restore-image to check. The fix has recently been applied in git and will be available in the next released version of the package (but might still be a while).

I've been applying updates so it probably got overrwritten.

If it is coming then I am fine with waiting, I thought it was already live and maybe it was reversed. Thank you!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!