PBS file-restore error

Oasisnet77

Dec 30, 2021
Hi all,

when I try to do file-restore using webui on a vm windows I get this error:

mounting "drive-scsi2.img..." failed: all mounts failed or no supported file system (400)

in test environments I found a workaround installing directly on PVE the libguestfs pkg (showing warnings during installation) and it works out fine.
I would like to know if this is the right way to operate or if there is a best paractise to overcome this problem.

thanks

can you check the log file under /var/log/proxmox-backup/file-restore/qemu.log ?

Hi Dominik,
thx for your reply.
here the log output:

ntfs: (device vda2): ntfs_read_inode_mount(): Failed to lookup $MFT/$DATA attribute extent. $MFT is corrupt. Run chkdsk.

ntfs: (device vda2): ntfs_read_inode_mount(): Failed. Marking inode as bad.

ntfs: (device vda2): ntfs_fill_super(): Failed to load essential metadata.

ufs: ufs_fill_super(): bad magic number

befs: (vda2): invalid magic header

F2FS-fs (vda2): Can't find valid F2FS filesystem in 1th superblock

F2FS-fs (vda2): Can't find valid F2FS filesystem in 2th superblock

[2023-12-05T07:14:25.084Z ERROR proxmox_rest_server::rest] GET /api2/json/list?path=ZHJpdmUtc2NzaTIuaW1nLmZpZHgvcGFydC8y: 400 Bad Request: [client 0.0.0.0:807] mounting 'drive-scsi2.img.fidx/part/2' failed: all mounts failed or no supported file system

watchdog expired, shutting down

reboot: Power down

Bah, I am getting this too:

(device loop0p2): ntfs_read_inode_mount(): Failed to lookup $MFT/$DATA attribute extent. $MFT is corrupt. Run chkdsk.
[4434021.036282] ntfs: (device loop0p2): ntfs_read_inode_mount(): Failed. Marking inode as bad.
[4434021.036572] ntfs: (device loop0p2): ntfs_fill_super(): Failed to load essential metadata.

ntfs

vm/106/2024-01-17T23:00:00Z │ 300 GiB │ client.log drive-virtio1.img index.json qemu-server.conf

drive-virtio1.img

first partition is fine
second partition cant be mounted...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!