how to download backup via cli?

Kosh

Dec 24, 2019
Hi!
After reading the documentation I could not find a solution
how can I download the img.fidx file via cli to the folder I need?

pic.JPG

Hi!
you can download the raw archive using the `restore` command. For example like this:
Code:
proxmox-backup-client restore <snapshot> <archive-name> <destination-file>

To check out the files, you can use `map`:
Code:
proxmox-backup-client map <snapshot> <archive-name>
which maps the image to a device (most likely `/dev/loop0`). Then you can mount it using
Code:
mount /dev/loop0 /mnt/mountpoint

More info here: https://pbs.proxmox.com/docs/backup-client.html#restoring-data
and here: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/e...ackup-images-for-file-level-restoring.136597/

Hi!
you can download the raw archive using the `restore` command. For example like this:
Code:
proxmox-backup-client restore <snapshot> <archive-name> <destination-file>
I see the files inside the archive using the command
Code:
proxmox-backup-client snapshot list --repository localhost:p3-custom-backup vm/2220

1705654028018.png

how can I download the drive-scsi0.img I need?

also using this command I see a list of files but I don’t understand how to download the file I need along the path say /tmp
Code:
proxmox-backup-client restore --repository localhost:p3-custom-backup vm/2220/2024-01-06T00:38:25Z index.json -
1705654303588.png

I don't need access inside this image, I need the image itself

Last edited:
Hi!
use the `restore` command, f.e.:
Code:
proxmox-backup-client restore --repository localhost:p3-custom-backup vm/2220/2024-01-06T00:38:25Z drive-scsi0.img /tmp/my.img
(we don't have a progress bar here yet, so you'll need to be a little patient :) (or you can use `PBS_LOG=debug` to enable the debug log))

Last edited:
Reactions: Kosh
Hi!
use the `restore` command, f.e.:
Code:
proxmox-backup-client restore --repository localhost:p3-custom-backup vm/2220/2024-01-06T00:38:25Z drive-scsi0.img /tmp/my.img
(we don't have a progress bar here yet, so you'll need to be a little patient :))
I was one step away from making a decision
thanks for the help! :)

Reactions: ggoller
I was one step away from making a decision
thanks for the help! :)
Hi
I'm asking you for help again
Is it possible to specify a login/password in the command so that it does not prompt for them?

1705994257187.png

Hi
Is there a possibility when restoring a file proxmox-backup-client restore --repository........
display progress status?
Now when restoring the status is not visible

Hi
Is there a possibility when restoring a file [CODE]PBS_LOG=debug proxmox-backup-client restore --repository[/CODE]........
display progress status?
Now when restoring the status is not visible
You can try the command using `PBS_LOG=debug` which will output more information (including a progress report).
For example:
Code:
PBS_LOG=debug proxmox-backup-client restore --repository

Reactions: Kosh

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!