Proxmox and SSD problem

shsm

Mar 5, 2010
Hello!

I have a small request about Proxmox kernel. Current Proxmox kernel have a small bug, related with rotational attribute inheritance.
Now rotational attribute don't inherit in underliying devices (LVM). So if i have a SSD on host system with queue/rotational attribute = 0 and export that drive to guest system as lvm volume - in guest that attr will be = 1. In that case my udev schedulers rules works wrong. Of course i will setup scheduler for SSD manualy but i have several hundreds of hosts. And I'm lazy :) so puppet work for me. But in 3.2 kernel that bug was resolved and inheritance work OK.
This small patch - http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kern...ff;h=4693c9668fdcec229825b3763876b4744f9e6d5e
Could Proxmox maintainers apply this patch to current kernel, please!

Many thanks!

Our kernel already includes that patch.

Hmm, it's strange situation...
Now i use 2.6.32-14-pve #1 kernel and and non-rotation flag works wrong.

I have a RAID with two SSD and that MD device has a rotational attibute =1
But SSD has not

cat /sys/block/sdc/queue/rotational
cat /sys/block/sdd/queue/rotational

But

cat /sys/block/md2/queue/rotational

Maybe a kernel from pvetest included this patch?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!