About the spice console..

Kyran Storm

Jun 23, 2019
So I gotta ask this regarding the Spice viewer things on proxmox.

so i select Spice for a VMs display output. and installed spice guest tools in windows in the VM. and i have Virt-viewer on my computer.

what would my VMs spice address be so that i can open up virt-viewer, type an ip address in and connect to the spice session, without having to download the virt file everytime i wanted to use it??

know a little C++ or C# you
Python or maybe something WIndows native (not sure if it has anything powerful enough) would work too :)

The thing is, you want to authenticate the sessions, we have the spiceproxy for that, thus you need someone (user or script) to login over the API and get the spice access data for the proxy.

Reactions: matrix
Okay so... I'm not that smart so is there a thing released to the public that I can make this work?

I want the spice viewer to work like microsoft RDP. Put an IP in. Hit connect, and bam, you got your own Vm spice thing.

I wouldnt even know how to implement a bash script in a windows VM..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!