Proxmox 5.3 Directory Full

DPSW

Sep 27, 2018
Hello there i have 2 vm running on proxmox and i'd tried to backup my vm but my vm 1 backup take storage about 80GB ish and ican't backup 2nd vm because directory for backup only had 90GB. How i do resolve this? thank you

Depending on what storage technology you use you may expand the logical volume, or increase a zfs volume size as long as you have usable disk space in general.
Code:
pvesm status

If your harddrive's are full then I'd add additional storage? Or (some) move existing backups offsite/to an external storage.

Depending on what storage technology you use you may expand the logical volume, or increase a zfs volume size as long as you have usable disk space in general.
Code:
pvesm status

If your harddrive's are full then I'd add additional storage? Or (some) move existing backups offsite/to an external storage.

root@prod:~# pvesm status
Name Type Status Total Used Available %
local dir active 98559220 90645932 2863740 91.97%
local-lvm lvmthin active 1045987328 195285834 850701493 18.67%

add additional storage maybe a bit hard and it'll be downtime and i don't want that, moving to existing backup maybe good but i'ts not permanent solution because my proxmox doing auto backup every week. my lvm it's a bit large it'll be good if i can take some

What kind of storage do you have?
@t.lamprecht gave advice, without knowing what kind of storage you have available it is not possible to give more advice.
By the way, please post code and command outputs in CODE tags.

it's in my 3rd post, is it not answering the question?
btw i already solved this ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!