Cluster Config multiple NICs for cluster traffic

Rassillon

Mar 20, 2019
**I have tried searching. However if an answer has been posted somewhere please drop a link.
**I debated if I should put this here or in networking....so if it is in the wrong place let me know.

I am able to configure a 2 node cluster no problem.

I am using directly connected 40gb NICs for cluster traffic.
I would like to add a second NIC in each server, these are 10gb and will also be directly connected.
This would be a backup for cluster traffic in the event something stops working in the 40gb connection.

the configuration is currently like this

node1 = 40gb IP=192.168.40.100
node1 = 10gb IP=192.168.10.100
node2 = 40gb IP=192.168.40.200
node2 = 10gb IP=192.168.10.200
Each node has 4x1gb cards for normal network communication

I added the 192.168.40 addresses to the host files and then created the cluster.

Everything works properly however I don't know how to let the cluster know that traffic can also go over the 192.168.10 links

I am sure it is something simple that I am overlooking.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you Gosha for responding.

I think I worded my question poorly and that is my bad... sorry

I thought the ring0/1 settings were for cluster communication and I think I understand this part well enough...

I should have asked about migration settings, I think

In the datacenter.cfg like this....
Code:
keyboard: en-us
migration: type=insecure,network=192.168.155.0/24

Can I have more than one "migration" entry so in case one fails?

Sorry again for not being clear.
-Ras

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!