No quorum after removing cluster nodes

NewDude

Feb 24, 2018
I'm in the process of migrating from Proxmox to another virtualization platform because business needs require Veeam, and Veeam doesn't support Proxmox.

To do this I've been pulling a node, configuring it using the other hypervisor, and pushing a restore of my VMs to the new hypervisor. I've done this with 2 nodes of my original 3-node cluster (which means failover clustering now works), but I'm running into issues on the third.

Basically, I have this:
  • One VM running that's, well, running. This will be easy to migrate.
  • One I shut down that I can't start because there's no quorum.
  • One that is essentially a failed restore of a machine that got hacked a long time ago (on yet another hypervisor). There's a database and some images i want to recover some day, but basically it's not bootable - I just want to create a new VM, mount this as a drive on it, and grab the data I'm interested in someday recovering.
The problem is Proxmox doesn't want to do anything because there's no quorum, but when I try to delete the no-longer-existent nodes I get this:

upload_2018-11-13_16-31-35.png

My goal is to get the 2 existing VMs running, back them up, restore the backups on the new hypervisor, and then migrate this machine to the new platform.

What's the easiest way to get around the quorum issue?

Hi,

to get qurom back you can use

'pvecm expected 1'

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!