DHCP configuration on Hetzner server

krushofficial

Aug 18, 2018
Hi there!
I am setting up a dedicated server at Hetzner but i ran into some issues while configuring the DHCP server with single IP hosts. If i create a VM and boot it with DHCP enabled, it does receive DHCPOFFER and also uses it, but for some reason it still can't access the internet. I've been looking around on the internet and testing by myself for half a day now, but i still found no solution. The most interesting part is, if i am using an entire subnet, that configuration does work with the proper addresses set. Hope someone can help me out here, i will include the configuration below. :)

Network interface configuration:
Code:
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address  <Main IP address>
    netmask  255.255.255.255
    bridge-ports none
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0
    up ip route add <Additional IP address>/32 dev vmbr0

ISC-DHCP server host configuration:
Code:
host <Hostname> {
    hardware ethernet <MAC address of the VM>;
    fixed-address <Additional IP address>;
    option subnet-mask <Netmask of the additional IP address>;
    option broadcast-address <Broadcast address of the additional IP address>;
    option routers <Gateway of the additional IP address (also tried with the main IP address here)>;
}

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!