[SOLVED] No network on some LXC containers

Ivan Dimitrov

Jul 14, 2016
Hello, at some point in ProxMox 5 development my Ubuntu LXC containers lost network. There is no network on Centos/Fedora/Ubuntu containers. Debian/Alpine/Tyrnkey-images are having connectivity.
I have tried with static IPs and DHCP for the existing and new containers but the result is the same.

My other VMs and the host itself has no problem connecting to the network. I am running latest ProxMox 5 beta.
Any suggestions how to debug this issue?
Thanks.

a start would be to post the container configuration, ip a , ip l , ip r in the container and on the host

I finally resolved the issue and it was all my fault. I have commented the option "mount fstype=cgroup -> /sys/fs/cgroup/**," in the apparmor policy file lxc-default-cgns. I was trying to run NFS server within container and than gave up and obviously forgot to revert the settings.
The funny thing was that it didn't impact all the containers equally. Anyway now it is working.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!