Recent content by Tmanok

  1. T

    Proxmox VE 9.2 – sporadic iSCSI NOP timeouts / DID_TRANSPORT_DISRUPTED with Dell PowerVault ME5 and Intel E810

    Good morning, everyone! Lots of learning available from this forum thread, what a journey, Werner! You have a lot of patience and dedication to follow through with this troubleshooting. Very good sleuthing on BBGeek's part here, it makes sense that the NOP is symptomatic of a stall. The...
  2. T

    Proxmox VE Wikipedia Article - Please Review

    Thanks Aaron, thanks Longer, That's exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for when I posted. PVE Mirror now has its own subsection now under Related Proxmox software, next to PBS, PMG and PDM. I also added a line to the history section for 7.3, since that's where offline mirror support...
  3. T

    [TUTORIAL] How to install Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) on PVE 8-9

    Hi Everyone, After reading through BBGeek's tutorial earlier today about LVM-Thin, I was inspired to share an educational article I recently published on my blog. The article explores Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server, a remarkable operating system that made core IT infrastructure incredibly...
  4. T

    Proxmox VE Wikipedia Article - Please Review

    Hi Everyone, As Proxmox VE has grown quite substantially since I began using it, I thought I'd blend together my Wikipedia editing with my in-depth knowledge of the software and my general awareness of the company behind it. Having received the Proxmox VE Advanced Certification in the 7.2 era...
  5. T

    Proxmox VE 9.2 – sporadic iSCSI NOP timeouts / DID_TRANSPORT_DISRUPTED with Dell PowerVault ME5 and Intel E810

    Hi Huganega, Ok, that 128/128 result is probably the most interesting thing you've found yet. The fact that the active SCSI path reaches exactly 128 outstanding requests, stops completing them for 12-14 seconds, and then sdk_ioerr_cnt increases by exactly 128 when iSCSI recovery occurs is...
  6. T

    Laboratory Cluster

    Hey Frankz, Realtek cards "work" on most Linux hosts, but server admins don't trust them due to well-earned stigma. NICs are very affordable, I have a pile of them. But an I340-T4 for under $40 CAD or PRO/1000 4 Port for the same price will be more reliable. I don't always recommend server...
  7. T

    Proxmox GUI question marks when adjusting/resizing storage with enterprise SANs

    Hey NoriCopperBrand, Good news, nothing wrong with your equipment! In other news, you are in for some pleasant learning. First major thing: Do not run these commands on every PVE node: rescan-scsi-bus.sh multipathd resize map mpathX pvresize /dev/mapper/mpathX Also, after you run the resize...
  8. T

    Laboratory Cluster

    Hi Frankz, Ok, now I understand, thank you. Yes, in studying those CPUs, I can see clearly that three of them would offer you a substantial upgrade: Host CPUCores / threadsTurboTDPPassMark CPU MarkSingle-thread bench i7-97008 /84.7 GHz65 W13,1752,744 E-2224G4 / 44.7 GHz71 W7,5262,688...
  9. T

    Laboratory Cluster

    Hi Frankz, Wow what a mishmash of random computers you have. I don't quite understand your problem, however. What is it you're looking for someone to advise you on? The storage, the CPU specs? If it's a laboratory, the best thing is to experiment and learn along the way. Thanks, Tmanok
  10. T

    Proxmox GUI question marks when adjusting/resizing storage with enterprise SANs

    Hey NoriCopperBrand, Sounds like a storage slow down to me. Something is unhappy about the rescan as you point out. When PVE shows a question mark on a storage device it means it has lost contact with it- or more specifically pvestatd is unable to collect statistics and therefore can't display...
  11. T

    High Availability Functionality

    Most likely something network related or storage related. If it's shared storage, then you're just migrating RAM while a VM is running. If it's an LXC or the VM is off, hardly anything is actually moved so something to do with the locking on the storage device may be causing an issue. If you...
  12. T

    Horrifically slow download speeds for download.proxmox.com?

    Hey H@rald, Community members have shared scripts in the past, so unless a policy change has occurred, I'm sure you'd be welcome to link to a GitHub repository or something similar. I suspect that as China is moving away from the likes of Microsoft, Github may no longer be the safe harbour it...
  13. T

    MTU Not being correctly set between host and LXC

    Hi Everyone, I think I may have come across a bug? When configuring MTU on PVE, whether the GUI or CLI is synonymous, I checked both and MTU was setup to 1450, it doesn't actually apply to an LXC in the latest PVE- actually I am moments from rebooting this host to determine whether 7.0.14-14 &...
  14. T

    Horrifically slow download speeds for download.proxmox.com?

    Thanks, H@rald, that's good advice. And thanks, Thomas, I haven't been back on that site to check but I will shortly.
  15. T

    Proxmox VE 9.2 – sporadic iSCSI NOP timeouts / DID_TRANSPORT_DISRUPTED with Dell PowerVault ME5 and Intel E810

    Hmm well there goes my PAUSE frames storm hypothesis. There was no corresponding jump in link_xoff_rx.nic, no CRC errors, no drops, no E810 reset and no physical link loss. So I was wrong... But that narrowing TCP window is TCP-layer backpressure, which is rather similar to Ethernet flow-control...