Recent content by ThomasA

  1. T

    [SOLVED] io_uring on kernel 7.0.6-2-pve (PVE 9.2.3): guest disk I/O errors (EIO) + filesystem XFS shutdown

    Did I say "no issues since the kernel patching"? Seems like I stay corrected. dmesg -T this morning shows: [Tue Sep 15 23:06:58 2026] kworker/u48:17: page allocation failure: order:9, mode:0x40c40(GFP_NOFS|__GFP_COMP), nodemask=(null),cpuset=/,mems_allowed=0 [Tue Sep 15 23:06:58 2026] CPU...
  2. T

    [SOLVED] io_uring on kernel 7.0.6-2-pve (PVE 9.2.3): guest disk I/O errors (EIO) + filesystem XFS shutdown

    Hi @fiona, thanks for your swift reply. Being not sure which logs from the system describe the memory situation over time I'm just sharing charts from the Zabbix and Munin monitoring over one month. I've patched and rebooted the node into to the latest kernel 7.0.14-15-pve #1 SMP...
  3. T

    [SOLVED] io_uring on kernel 7.0.6-2-pve (PVE 9.2.3): guest disk I/O errors (EIO) + filesystem XFS shutdown

    Had another died guest today. Luckily no disk failure this time. But a died guest is not too good either. This crash here occurred during a vzdump backup. The two other disk failures too. The chain of events were commonly: * vzdump starts copying VM YYYYYYYY * QEMU writes the VMA stream to...
  4. T

    [SOLVED] io_uring on kernel 7.0.6-2-pve (PVE 9.2.3): guest disk I/O errors (EIO) + filesystem XFS shutdown

    Upgraded to proxmox 9.2.10 on Sunday September the 6th. Have had two downtimes of a host because of that since. Both downtimes occurred during the Proxmox Backup of some other machines which places an extra burden on the physical disks. And in the second case I had to revert to the last Backup...