Recent content by MN7675

  1. M

    CEHPX Disabled, CEPH Key Migration - Removing an auth entry?

    An update on my situation. Running ceph auth ls shows that there are no entries for mon keys, but they do exist on file. I must be missing a step to somehow enter the generated mon keys into some sort of ceph database? I just don't know what ceph-authtool command to run and I'm anxious about...
  2. M

    CEHPX Disabled, CEPH Key Migration - Removing an auth entry?

    @tchaikov I was running into this issue: FAIL: These keys cannot be rewritten where their daemons read them, so rotating them would strand the daemons: mon. has neither a keyring file nor a bluestore device under /var/lib/ceph/mon/ceph-vmhost6 on node 'vmhost6' mon. has neither a keyring...
  3. M

    CEHPX Disabled, CEPH Key Migration - Removing an auth entry?

    I found this section of the ceph documentation, but I'm not sure these are the right commands to run for this problem: Link to Documentation.
  4. M

    CEHPX Disabled, CEPH Key Migration - Removing an auth entry?

    Ah that was helpful, thank you. Now that I understood what tool to use, I was able to delete the keys using ceph auth del <key> for all of the offending keys. Now a new error has cropped up when doing the dry run: FAIL: These keys cannot be rewritten where their daemons read them, so rotating...
  5. M

    CEHPX Disabled, CEPH Key Migration - Removing an auth entry?

    Hello, I have cephx disabled for our cluster, but I am still getting these insecure keyring errors, which I would like to migrate. I am running into 2 issues, one is a WARN the other is a FAIL: WARN: No OSD in this cluster carries the fsid of...
  6. M

    Mount CephFS Fuse at Boot (Persistent)

    I got some help on the ceph subreddit. Adding x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=1min to the fstab command seems to have done the trick.
  7. M

    Mount CephFS Fuse at Boot (Persistent)

    I am unable to get persistent cephfs mount working as per these official instructions. Using Ubuntu 24.04. This will not mount at boot: #Mount ceph filesystem for video recordings #DEVICE PATH TYPE OPTIONS none /mnt/videorecordings fuse.ceph ceph.id=nvr02,_netdev,defaults 0 0...
  8. M

    CephFS "Block Size"?

    I see, thank you.
  9. M

    CephFS "Block Size"?

    Okay that make sense thank you. Now I know what to look into further.
  10. M

    CephFS "Block Size"?

    I am interested in creating a CephFS store for storing security camera footage; Essentially storing very large video files. I don't know what CEPH calls what I know traditionally as block size, but is there a way to adjust that setting? Are there any optimizations that I should consider for...
  11. M

    [SOLVED] Proxmox VMs Stuck in Migration Loop after Upgrade - Host Cannot Reboot

    I solved my issue my going into each VM on that host and shutting them down manually.
  12. M

    [SOLVED] Proxmox VMs Stuck in Migration Loop after Upgrade - Host Cannot Reboot

    I am upgrading from 9.0 to 9.1 and I completed upgrading the first host out of my 3-node cluster. When I gave the host a reboot command, it started attempting to migrate the VMs, but it ran into this issue with every VM on that host: task started by HA resource agent 2025-12-10 15:38:33...
  13. M

    Proxmox 7.3.3 / Ceph 17.2.5 - OSDs crashing while rebooting

    This happens very regularly for me. I have cephx disabled. { "assert_condition": "end_time - start_time_func < cct->_conf->osd_fast_shutdown_timeout", "assert_file": "./src/osd/OSD.cc", "assert_func": "int OSD::shutdown()", "assert_line": 4495, "assert_msg"...
  14. M

    Relay Hosts with Postfix

    So to make it more clear, all emails go through Proxmox Mail Gateway. You want to route emails depending on their source, a specific domain, and route them to a specific server? If so, I found this thread with what I believe is an answer to your question: Sender based routing
  15. M

    Relay Hosts with Postfix

    edit: I think I am confused as to what you are trying to do, so you can ignore this reply. Here are my notes: postfix relay settings at /etc/postfix/main.cf relayhost =pmg.domain.com:26 myhostname = hostname mydomain = domain.com myorigin = mailsender.domain.com To test send from command...