I have installed a Linux VM with virtio virtual nic. To check the network connection speed I have used ethtool, but the speed it is showing as unknown. When I change the interface model to E1000, the speed it is showing as 1000Mbps.
How do I check the network speed in Linux guest OS for...
That I Knew. Please help me with my other doubts.
1. You mean it represents CPU (host cpu ) usage of the kvm processes corresponding to a VM? Then how can I configure the dedicated cpu cores to a VM?
2. If we can't monitor the actual usage of the virtual CPU of a guest VM in UI, what is the...
I am confused, please explain to me the below doubts.
1. You mean outside (in PVE UI), the CPU usage graph of a VM designates the usage of physical CPU cores or virtual CPU cores assigned to that VM?
2. How & Where can I check the actual usage of virtual CPU of guest OS in PVE WEB UI (Outside)...
Where can I check the accurate CPU & RAM utilization of VM? The values which are seeming on web GUI are not the same as in Taskmanager (Windows) / top or atop (Linux).
1. The % of CPU utilization in VM > Summary > Status is keep on varying to various values. Some times it is quickly...
Dedup has been enabled please check the screenshot. It is showing 90GB used for 3 similar VMs (each config. with 30GB).
Do I have to config. zfs storage in the thin provision or thick provision to enable dedupe?
Please, can anyone help me out to set up ZFS dedup for my qemu VM images?
I am testing ZFS deduplication in PvE 6.0, I have a ZFS pool with a single (Raid0) 240GB SSD and mounted it as ZFS storage in web GUI.
I have installed a windows VM on this ZFS storage with a size of 30GB. When...
I am getting the error '/bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 10 -c '/usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 100 2>/dev/null'' failed: exit code 1 when i tried to open a vm with VNC console.
I tried to check in forum few users were posted same error. But i couldn't find any solution to fix this error.
Please let me know...
Hi, Thanks for your quick reply.
I am intrested to test on PVE 3.4 before going to 5.3. If I know the complexity in 3.4 , I can feel the real advantage of it in 5.3. Also I want to understand how to do this configuration in CLI. Could you please help me out.
I am trying to enable UEFI BIOS for my Win10 VM to passthrough the nvidia GTX 1050 Ti GPU. Where can i download the precompiled ovmf package & how to install them. Please help me, I can't able to understand your steps. Doing this testing on PVE 3.4
You mean do we need to enable UEFI BIOS on Host hardware ? We are also trying to passthrough the GPU Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti. But when we try to install the drivers / do OS (Win10) update we are getting BSOD error. Could please help us to enable UEFI / OVMF BIOS for our Win10 VM.
We need to configure automatic scheduled backups of HA enabled VMs in our 3-Node cluster. We are running few DB & App VMs on nodes.
What is the best recommended method to achieve. Which mode (Stop, Suspend or Snapshot) will be the easiest way.