Recent content by FingerlessGloves

  1. F

    Proxmox VE 9.2.21 - BCM57412 bnxt_en network failure after upgrade to kernel 7.0.14-20-pve

    Can you try test kernel found here https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-ve-9-2-21-bcm57412-bnxt_en-network-failure-after-upgrade-to-kernel-7-0-14-20-pve.186749/post-871933 so far it seems to fix the issue
  2. F

    Proxmox VE 9.2.21 - BCM57412 bnxt_en network failure after upgrade to kernel 7.0.14-20-pve

    Over 2 hours in to running today's 7.0.14-22~bnxt-test1, so issues at all so far. I've even done a 5 minute iperf3 in both directions over the bnxt_en adapters, and no issues what so ever.
  3. F

    Proxmox VE 9.2.21 - BCM57412 bnxt_en network failure after upgrade to kernel 7.0.14-20-pve

    I would test installing it, maybe quicker than waiting for a reply. It would also be useful to know if 7.0.14-19 works ok for you, to narrow the problem down
  4. F

    Proxmox VE 9.2.21 - BCM57412 bnxt_en network failure after upgrade to kernel 7.0.14-20-pve

    Intel Xeon Gold 6248R CPU in a HPE DL360 Gen10 Indeed 7.0.14-22 didn't help, issue happened just after 10 minutes boot time. Still having 7.0.14-19 working fine
  5. F

    Broadcom BCM57504 (100G) bnxt_en TX timeout and NIC reset on Proxmox 8.1.5 — while BCM57414 (25G) works fine on same host

    Hi, do you have a signed `pve-signed` version, I only see a template deb file in there
  6. F

    Broadcom BCM57504 (100G) bnxt_en TX timeout and NIC reset on Proxmox 8.1.5 — while BCM57414 (25G) works fine on same host

    I have 6 servers with a BCM57504 (237.1.148.0) which is a quad sfp28 card, firmware is from the latest HPE SSP for the HPE DL360 G10 I upgraded 3 of the servers to `7.0.14-19-pve` on 27th September 2026, and no seen any network issues. Today I upgraded one of other 3 servers to...
  7. F

    Proxmox Virtual Environment now available for 64-bit ARM (arm64)!

    See `Can I mix x86-64 and arm64 nodes in one cluster?` in the Q&A section, I assume to get around the different arch problem, you could use Affinity Rules to let VMs only HA between same architecture.
  8. F

    Proxmox Virtual Environment now available for 64-bit ARM (arm64)!

    This is awesome news! Just manually installed it on Pi5, and working great, sadly not sure a 8GB Pi is quite enough memory, but was a nice POC. For those interested: https://fingerlessgloves.me/2026/08/05/installing-proxmox-on-raspberry-pi/
  9. F

    CPU types, word of caution

    I'll take a look at those profiles when I get some time to do some indepth testing :)
  10. F

    CPU types, word of caution

    Detected nodes: virt-1 | 10.11.17.11 | x86-64-v4 virt-2 | 10.11.17.12 | x86-64-v4 virt-3 | 10.11.17.13 | x86-64-v4 Cluster CPU type: x86-64-v4 Good point with the nested virt but that would probably break the VBS security stuff sadly, I think it needs those instruction sets
  11. F

    CPU types, word of caution

    I have a Gold 6248R, which if I run `/usr/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 --help` returns supported for x86-64-v4, but when I tried using it in 2025 and I think 2022, it crashes lockups. Not sure if there's a upcoming fix for the issue from qemu or not, for now I'm setting all VMs to x86-64-v3, so...
  12. F

    Memory hot plug initial memory allocation

    It's EL9 I'm trying to network boot and then use kickstart to build the VM. I think the fix it to temporarily disable hotplug and add it back, which is fine because I'm using ansible to full automate the VM deployment. But it would be nice to be able to specify the base memory. It's the initial...
  13. F

    Memory hot plug initial memory allocation

    I've been trying to workout why with Memory Hotplug enabled, I can not PXE boot a distro installer, even if I have 16GB of memory set with no ballooning. Soon as I turn off hotplug it works no problem. I've tried adding `memhp_default_state=online` to the kernel line of installer which uses...