So for Linux guests (I am only interested in those) you do both - backup via PBS and PVE built-in backups?
Meaning creating back-ups twice, with PVE backups creating full backup every time, but with ability to restore specific files.
- is that already production-ready or still in...
Hi guys, I need advice about choosing the right backup strategy.
I am running Proxmox VE on ZFS RAID1, with additional ZFS RAID1 in the same case. Running mostly CTs, some with persistent data on mounted bind shares.
Now, there are couple of backup solutions that come to my mind:
what is the recommended way to share ZFS dataset from Proxmox host to:
- unprivileged LXC containers and/or VMs
- all guests Linux
- CTs and VMs in VLANs on vmbr1 (LAN), with local IPs from 10.0.1.0/24, 10.0.2.0/24,...
- Proxmox 6.2
Is there a way to use ZFS native NFS share for that...
I'm trying to configure a share in my unprivileged container with id mapping.
In host (Proxmox 6.2):
- created user ctuser (1003:1003 in host)
- both /etc/subuid, /etc/subgid look like this: