Recent content by cyruspy

  1. C

    (yet another) Non official client build

    Hello, thanks for the insights. I'll double check on "freshness" on my side, there might be improvement opportunities. No feedback on the proposal unfortunately.
  2. C

    copia de VM a un disco externo

    That being said, and doing some guesswork @Notaria, FAT32 doesn't support sparse files. Check which filesystem are you using in the destination disk.
  3. C

    copia de VM a un disco externo

    Might be a sparse file thing?
  4. C

    pve-cli (pc) — a remote-first CLI for Proxmox VE and Datacenter Manager

    hello, sure, I'm happy to receive PRs and see it being used. I've addressed the one you've reported.
  5. C

    PBS on RAIDZ2+HDD, no special file

    I had SSD for OS, tried to go the ZFS on bare disks. Failed miserably due to a kernel bug in 7.0. Move to HDD only, 3+3 RAID10 instead of RAIDZ2 (4+2). Went back to hardware RAID1 for boot.
  6. C

    PBS on RAIDZ2+HDD, no special file

    Thanks, will try to split the boot hardware RAID and use a ZFS mirrored partition as special device.
  7. C

    PBS on RAIDZ2+HDD, no special file

    Hello, I know it has been mentioned several times a special device backed by ssd is mandatory when using HDDs for data to have a bearable solution. If I don't have SSD but RAM is available (128GB), could ARC save me here?
  8. C

    SQL Server 2022 database corruption

    I asked directly, answers were very odd. Do we need our own virtio signed drivers distribution?
  9. C

    SQL Server 2022 database corruption

    It seems the original signed driver are stale. Fix was included in https://github.com/virtio-win/kvm-guest-drivers-windows/releases/tag/mm315 "pre-release and untested binary available"
  10. C

    Non PVE backup at scale

    Oh, yes. The 1:1 CLI native client for Windows is in progress. The next challenge is to fund the usd 300 yearly certificate to make Smartscreen and SecureBoot happy (MSI installer + NBD kernel driver). While thinking beyond that point is that I thought of follow up options: A- small system bar...
  11. C

    (yet another) Non official client build

    Hello, I would like to share the initiative of packaging the Linux client for different distributions as a nice opportunity to give back to the PBS creators and the community. I've repackaged the original supported client in native RPM/DEB packages for: Install Replace <REPO> with your...
  12. C

    Non PVE backup at scale

    Hello, Much to my dismay, I've came across a heavy Windows usage environment, with not all running on PVE (yet?). I would like to write a native Windows client, with proper signage and a msi installer to simplify its lifecycle. Also, I believe we need a scheduler to centralize management of...
  13. C

    Shared SSD for OS & datastore acceleration

    Hmm, I didn't see that one coming I've just shrank my original OS rpool to 50GB. Will think about it. PS: does it mean the datastore will be just a folder somewhere and not a different pool, correct?
  14. C

    Shared SSD for OS & datastore acceleration

    Yes, you are correct about the scenario. In a "let's design this and purchase this" scenario I would purchase dedicated flash storage for metadata. Is sharing the small boot disks what concerns me.