Recent content by CRCinAU

  1. C

    QEMU 11.1 available on pve-test as of now

    Tested this on two Ryzen based nodes in a cluster. No issues detected so far. I did change the version manually on a Windows guest, that seemed to boot and operate ok. I did note however that I had to install the updates on both nodes in the 2 node cluster (+ qdevice) to be able to select it in...
  2. C

    SMTP with Microsoft 365

    In the past, I've used the primary MX server for a destination SMTP server. It's worked for me - but YMMV when it comes to your own delivery. I assume you're using your own domain - so you can do a `dig mx <yourdomain>` to find the primary MX server. It might be hit and miss - depending on...
  3. C

    Kernel 7.0.14-14-pve: immediate reset + CPU machine check when igb loads on I350 (Dell XC730xd) — 6.14 unaffected

    Thought I'd just chip in here too.... I run a Dell R730 in a colo facility - it hasn't had any issues with PVE9 or any of the release 7.0.x kernels. However, my system has the following network adapters installed: I am using 2 x 10Gb SFP+ ports on the 57800 NIC bonded using LACP / layer3+4...
  4. C

    What is proper way to make PVE host a dhcp client in 9.2 ?

    I'll be honest - I can see the idea for using DHCP to configure everything - but I can also see it being a gateway for pain. I'm not sure if you're looking at running more than one PVE host in a cluster - or this is a single server operation - but there are many more services that need a static...
  5. C

    Outgoing Emails Delivered to Spam

    Another thing to check - your reverse DNS entries in your first post seem to mention pmg01 and pmg02. From querying external DNS servers for your screenshotted PMG hosts, I see that pmg01 does not seem to have a reverse DNS entry for its IP address. These are *very* strictly enforced by the...
  6. C

    KVM NX huge page recovery burns a core per guest on kernel 7.0.x

    @waynej - I'm kind of curious - with your context history / session with claude, can you get it to review the last lot of commits to mmu.c in the 7.2 branch and see if it believes they may be related / some correlation between them? I'm curious what it says :)
  7. C

    KVM NX huge page recovery burns a core per guest on kernel 7.0.x

    Ok, I'm a sucker for weird things like this... I've got a couple of systems I can check too.. model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz Linux version 7.0.14-17-pve (build@proxmox) (gcc (Debian 14.2.0-19) 14.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.44) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC...
  8. C

    Is ProxMox right for me?

    I'm not even mad - that's actually an amazing use of a hook-script that I would have never thought of!
  9. C

    Is ProxMox right for me?

    A tool is what you make it. Whilst Proxmox VE won't do what you want out of the box, you can certainly create template VMs and clone them off. Given its linux under the hood, If you need to expand things, you can always use scripting to achieve more granular tasks than the default UI allows...
  10. C

    [BUG] PVE 9.2 / 7.0.14-12-pve: Ryzen 9 7940HS Radeon 780M VCN/VAAPI faults followed by repeated host resets

    I've had several issues in the past passing through an embedded / onboard GPU on a Ryzen 5700G. From memory, they sound to be similar to what you are saying. That being said, I was setting this up inside a VM, not LXC. I think you might be on the right path with the amdgpu issues - as I'm...
  11. C

    Proxmox VE 7 is vulnerable to some type of 0day/RCE non auth

    In some semi-related news, I'm surprised that given both the domain name and web service of one of the malware droppers both go through Cloudflare that nothing has been taken down by Cloudflare yet. I've reached out to CF to see if we can get these services looked at - as its highly likely that...
  12. C

    Proxmox 9 CPU/IO starved when doing a restore from PBS

    As an interested PBS user - I also noted that CPU usage does creep up quite a bit - even when just downloading an image via the PBS web UI. My PBS setup is a little different than the ones here - I pass through an entire 1Tb SATA SSD to the PBS VM - and in this state, I note that I don't have...
  13. C

    Proxmox VE 7 is vulnerable to some type of 0day/RCE non auth

    The Australian Signals Directorate has a process called the Essential Eight. Its' basically: The Eight Mitigation Strategies According to ASD’s official guidance, the Essential Eight consists of: Patch applications – Apply security updates to software promptly. Patch operating systems – Keep...
  14. C

    Tool to get most cpu flags on common CPUs in a cluster?

    Done: https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7841
  15. C

    New install on Dell R710 - Upgrade PERC 6 to H310 or H730?

    I did this journey as well. Always go the H730 - as the write cache for HDDs gives a *MASSIVE* boost in performance.