ZFS Storage pool unlinked from VMs

monosodium918

Jul 29, 2023
I had a single node in Proxmox and attempted to create a cluster and now my VMs can't see their storage which is a ZFS pool of local disks so they fail to start. I can still see the ZFS pools when I select the original node, so I don't think the data is gone the VMs/Node just can't map it to the VM.

I followed a YouTube video to get around an error I encountered during the cluster creation. In this video I copied the config locally and then deleted it on the node that had VMs. I then copied the config back after the cluster was created. I am not sure if this is the cause, or if it being a cluster is causing the issue.

Let me know if any more info is needed; I'm fairly new to Proxmox so not sure what logs to post etc.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!