ZFS Replication and up VM

TheSover

Jun 12, 2023
I've replicate a VM from node A to node B , it's a big one of TB of information , when I finish the replication I've been trying to create a new VM and attach this new disks , but how zfs saves the disk is not loke they save in local ( /{route}/images/{idvm)/{disk} ) , in local is easy because you move the disk on the folder and rescan the disk , but in that case you find the Route : /dev/zfs/Raid/vm-111-disk-0 but this is an Hiperlink to a (../../zd592) , if you make zfs list you find the disk in theory /Raid/{nameofdisk} but if you try a zfs rename , to set the id of the VM , in that case 183 , but it dosent works, i've tried to to make qm importdisk , but the result is the same, some ideas? thanks guys

1689834829033.png
1689834959118.png
1689835013102.png
1689835073223.png

Attachments

• 1689834939109.png
    1689834939109.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 1
I've replicate a VM from node A to node B , it's a big one of TB of information , when I finish the replication I've been trying to create a new VM and attach this new disks , but how zfs saves the disk is not loke they save in local ( /{route}/images/{idvm)/{disk} ) , in local is easy because you move the disk on the folder and rescan the disk , but in that case you find the Route : /dev/zfs/Raid/vm-111-disk-0 but this is an Hiperlink to a (../../zd592) , if you make zfs list you find the disk in theory /Raid/{nameofdisk} but if you try a zfs rename , to set the id of the VM , in that case 183 , but it dosent works, i've tried to to make qm importdisk , but the result is the same, some ideas? thanks guys

View attachment 53205
View attachment 53208
View attachment 53209
View attachment 53210
Hi,
for the zfs rename to work, you will have to perform the command using the format zpooll/dataset, so in your case something like zfs rename Raid/vm-111-disk-0 Raid/vm-183-disk-0 should work.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!