Windows VM Credential Guard

stee

Mar 18, 2023
I am attempting to get credential guard running inside of a Windows 10 VM on Proxmox 7.4-17. The error I am getting in the gpresult is
1704474244803.png

So I went ahead and enabled IOMMU in Proxmox by following the guide. Below is the output of: dmesg | grep -e DMAR -e IOMMU -e AMD-Vi

1704474309301.png

Output of: lsmod | grep vfio

1704474543035.png

other possible relevant info:

Secure boot is enabled in the VM.
Host Model: Dell DR4300 on latest bios
1704474798953.png

Is this just not possible at the moment with Proxmox or am I missing a step?

Credential Guard use hyperv virtualization so your vm will be in nested virtualization.
I'm not sure old cpu can do, even if it works perfs will not be great.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately for my work environment we need to have device guard enabled in order to meet CMMC compliance. Right now we use VMware at work and I can get this working. At home I use Proxmox and have been trying to demonstrate that it will work so we can potentially start moving away from VMware.

I read over the documentation on Nested_Virtualization and the output of cat /sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/nested is Y so it looks like that is already enabled. Also the configuration of the VM is as follows.
1704487173134.png
1704487213572.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!