Windows 7 guest video driver problem

Epexa

May 3, 2016
Hello!

I use Proxmox last version 4.2-2 on Debian-84-jessie-64-minimal on Hetzner server.

I created two virtual machines on Windows 8.1 (32-bit) and Windows 7 (32-bit).

In Win 8.1 successful installed Bluestacks, but failure installation in Win 7!
I think problem in driver video card.

In Win 8.1 256 Mb video. Why in Win 7 only 16 Mb ???
(sorry for russian language)

Video drivers

All settings VM completely identical! (I use SPICE display.)

and others options also same!

AFAIK the QXL driver is different for Win7 and win8 and above. so maybe the driver simply reports different sizes
is there a problem besides the shown video ram?

AFAIK the QXL driver is different for Win7 and win8 and above. so maybe the driver simply reports different sizes
is there a problem besides the shown video ram?
Bluestacks not install, says the problem in the video driver in Windows 7. In Windows 8 work good!

Yeah sorry you already wrote that in the original post, must have missed this.
It looks like to me that the qxl driver for Windows 7 does not support 3d acceleration at all which bluestack needs, so this will not be possible with spice and Windows 7
Sorry

Reactions: Epexa
Yeah sorry you already wrote that in the original post, must have missed this.
It looks like to me that the qxl driver for Windows 7 does not support 3d acceleration at all which bluestack needs, so this will not be possible with spice and Windows 7
Sorry
Maybe exist QXL driver with the support 3D acceleration for Windows 7?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!